Workshop for turfgrass maintenance professionals—public and private
Who should attend?
● Contractors who maintain private and public grounds
● Employees who maintain parks, city, church or school grounds
● Property managers
Attend this free workshop and learn best management practices for lawn/turf care maintenance. The workshop will save you money, time, protect our water and give you an opportunity to take a test for Minnesota Pollution Agency Level 1 Certification for summer turf care best management practices. Instructors, including Fortin
Consulting, will share their expertise on turfgrass maintenance and environmental impacts. For MS4 entities;
this class may be used to help meet your municipal training requirements under Minimum Control 6.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Training topics include:
● Equipment calibration ● Best practices in aeration
● Fertilizer / pesticide selection and application ● Legal issues and additional resources
● Mowing and weed control techniques ● Reducing impacts on lakes and rivers
Funding for this workshop is provided by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency through a grant from the U.S.
Environmental Protect Agency, Section 319 Nonpoint Source Management Fund with support from the Ramsey-Washington Metro Watershed District and Washington Conservation District. The course and materials were originally developed for the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization by Fortin Consulting, Inc.