Aquatic Invasive Species are present in Washington County!
Aquatic Invasive Species Information and Resources for Washington County
2016 Spring Lake Association meetings - Managing curlyleaf pondweed and Eurasian water milfoil:
- Steve McComas presentation
- Dr. Ray Newman presentation
- MN DNR - permits for aquatic plant management and potential violations: Kylie Cattoor and Keegan Lund
- Case studies: Forest Lake, Big Marine, Center Lake
2014 AIS Workshop:
- Steve McComas workshop presentation
- March 15 workshop presentations
- Native or Invasive? Identification key
- Big Marine DNR Inspections Report
- Forest Lake DNR Inspections Report
Funding for Aquatic Invasive Species education and prevention efforts is provided by Washington County with funding from the Minnesota Legislature.
Project partners: Brown’s Creek Watershed District; Carnelian-Marine-St. Croix Watershed District; Comfort Lake – Forest Lake Watershed District; Middle St. Croix Watershed Management Organization; Ramsey – Washington Metro Watershed District; Rice Creek Watershed District; South Washington Watershed District; Valley Branch Watershed District; St. Croix River Association; and Washington County Parks Division.
Go to Minnesota DNR for more info about aquatic invasive species.