Whether your erosion is in a crop field or in the back yard, something that occurred naturally or started with construction of a new home, the Washington Conservation District has the resources to assist you. We can provide individual, on-site land reviews to assist you with your erosion control needs. We work with agricultural, rural, suburban, and urban erosion issues and can provide a variety of assistance - from recommendations to design and implementation. Financial assistance may also be available for certain projects. A few of the tools and services we have available for erosion issues include:
- Erosion and sediment control assistance and recommendations for individuals.
- Financial assistance
- Mulch Disc - used for anchoring mulch on bare soils.
- "Truax Seed Slinger" - hand operated broadcast spreader for prairie seed.
- Assistance with the design and implementation of
- Grassed waterways, diversions
- Contour strips
- Crop rotation systems
- Water and sediment control basins
- Conservation tillage systems
- Gully control structures
- Field and farmstead windbreaks
For more information about these and other WCD programs, please contact the WCD office.
Additional Erosion Control resources can be found at: