EDUCATION FOR MUNICIPAL STAFF AND CONTRACTORS
We all want clean lakes and drinking water, but navigating the ins and outs of stormwater permits and pollution control laws can be frustrating. Educational programs are available to help city and county staff and contractors stop stormwater pollution at the source. These trainings can help you meet the requirements of your NPDES Permit, MS4 Permit and SWPPP.
Upcoming meetings and trainings
Washington Water Consortium: First Wednesdays, 2-4pm, Washington County Government Center, Rm 14 (Stillwater)
Stormwater U provides training for engineers, planners and public works staff.
Turf maintenance workshop - April 10
Local certified contractors for lawn maintenance and snow removal
Through workshops, the following contractors in the EMWREP area have gained Minnesota Pollution Control Agency certification for summer turf and winter parking lot and road maintenance with reduced environmental impacts:
Erosion and Stormwater Management Certification Program
- NPDES construction permit: Check out the schedule of trainings for designers and contractors
- Look for additional course topics such as IDDE, P8 Modeling, and Small Site Stormwater Management at www.erosion.umn.edu.
Don't forget the MS4 Toolkit!
Visit www.cleanwatermn.org/MS4toolkit to access a suite of on-line materials for stormwater education.
Check out these featured products:
- Parks Maintenance Training Video
- Raingarden Maintenance Training Video
- Erosion and Sediment Control Pocketbook Guide
- Rivers of Life Resources for K-12 Education
NEW in 2015! PowerPoint presentations for staff training. Click here to request copies of these ten presentations.